Auckland / Waitomo / Rotorua / Napier /Wellington
Tour Code: TTAWRNW 17
Tour Name: Auckland / Waitomo / Rotorua / Napier /Wellington
Price $NZ: 996.00 Per Adult; NZ$: 498.00 Per Child;
Tour Description :
Duration: Three Days
A tour through the centre of New Zealand’s North Island. We go through all the major tourist attractions as we head south, concluding in Wellington on the evening of Day 3.Enjoy two of New Zealand’s most famous destinations in one day travelling aboard a premium air conditioned tour coach. Visit the Waitomo Glow Worm Caves before travelling to Rotorua , known internationally for it’s spectacular geothermal activity including geysers, boiling mud pools and springs and also for its crust as it’s got the thinnest crust in New Zealand.
An opportunity to know the Maori Culture & Natural history of New Zealand. Experiences also include Maori arts & crafts, a Maori cultural performance and a farm tour. Spend the evening at The Heritage Hotel. Dinner is included in this.Travel the second day along the largest man-made radiate pine forest in the world – the Kaingaroa Forest. Your journey continues by the Lake Taupo reaching late evening in Napier one of the largest wine producing town in New Zealand.Your Journey on the third day takes you the wine industry where you will experience the very best of Hawke’s Bay’s hand-crafted wine styles. Arrive early evening in New Zealand’s capital, the country’s second largest city with a population of 340,000.
Places of Interest:
- DEPART AUCKLAND: Travel by the main Southern Highway via small countryside townships known for its early pioneer history. Morning tea served.
- WAIKATO: Journey through New Zealand’s largest dairy and sheep farming region. Travel the outskirts of Hamilton City via the small agricultural settlements towards the King Country, hometown of the Maori Monarchy.
- WAITOMO GLOW WORM CAVES: Drift silently in a boat through this world-famous glow worm cavern lit up with thousands of tiny glow worm lights.
- LIGHT LUNCH: Served on-board on the way to Rotorua
- ROTORUA: 305 meters (1000 feet) above sea level, located inside a volcanic crater. An area of great geothermal activity. We will visit the following attractions:
- AGRODOME FARM TOUR: An introduction to New Zealand farming, with a 45-minute tour of an authentic working farm in all-weather, all-terrain vehicles. Watch a sheep being shorn and also get the opportunity to hand-feed the animals.
LAKE ROTORUA: Drive through the foreshore park past hundreds of ducks and swans. Then through the gorgeous historic Government Gardens.
- TE PUIA CULTURAL PERFORMANCE A 45 minute show of Maori song and dance inside Te Puia’s sacred meeting house.
- TE PUIA INSTITUTE (MAORI ARTS & CRAFTS AND WHAKAREWAREWA THERMAL RESERVE): One of Rotorua’s famous attractions. See woodcarving, weaving displays, Maori village and the thermal valley with the famous Pohutu Geyser, fumaroles, colourful silica deposits and boiling mud pools.
- ROTORUA HOTEL: Located close to the geothermal activity of Whakarewarewa. Spend the evening enjoying Maori Hangi where the food is cooked underground by geothermal steam followed by a Maori Concert or a simple buffet dinner.
- KAINGAROA FORESTS: Travel via the largest man-made radiate pine forest in the world.
- TAUPO:Travel via eastern shores of Lake Taupo, formed by a massive volcanic explosion 1800 years ago making it New Zealand’s largest volcano. Lake Taupo is also world renowned for its fighting rainbow trout.
- NAPIER:The commercial centre was completely rebuilt following a catastrophic earthquake in 1931.Napier is one of the highest concentrations of Striped Classical, Spanish Mission and Art Deco building styles in the world. It is also the largest and most vibrant wine-producing areas in New Zealand.
- SCENIC CIRCLE TE PANIA HOTEL OR SIMILAR:Te Pania Hotel located on Napier’s waterfront. Enjoy the evening by visiting the areas local attractions or by shopping. A similar accommodation will be booked in case of shortage.
- NAPIER WINE TOUR: Join a guided tour from Bay Tours whose background in the wine inustry ensures that you will experience the very best of Hawke’s Bay’s hand-crafted wine styles when visiting a combination of boutique and historic wineries.
- COACH TO WELLINGTON: * Arrive early evening in New Zealand’s capital, the country’s second largest city with a population of 340,000.
Tour Operates Daily:
- From CBD or from your hotel / motel lobby.
- Departs Day 1: Auckland CBD @7.30am. Terminates Day 2: Wellington Rly Stn @6.30pm (approx)
- Fare includes: Hotel / Motel pick ups, Admissions, Morning Tea, Light Lunch, Buffet Dinner or Hangi and Concert on Day 1, Twin Share Accommodation (1 night), Scehduled Coach Transport
Standard Accommodation Price:
Single Room-NZ$ 1274.00 per person
Twin Share-NZ$ 1028.00 per person
Triple Share -NZ$ 996.00 per person
Price $NZ: 1274.00 Per Person.